LED Curing Advantages
As the popularity of Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) continues to rise, manufacturers are switching from traditional UV/Visible light-curing systems to LED light-curing systems due to the many advantages LEDs offer over broad-spectrum arc lamps.
Here are 5 reasons why you might want to switch:
1. Lower operational costs: The high electrical efficiency and instant on/off capability of LED lamps lead to lower operational costs. In relation, their cool light radiation extends curing capabilities for heat-sensitive substrates.
2. Consistent curing: LEDs deliver a more uniform distribution of light across the cure area providing more consistent results. Due to a significantly more robust degradation curve than bulbs, LED systems will provide more consistent intensity over time.
3. Lower maintenance costs: Their long service life eliminates bulb replacement and reduces maintenance costs. In addition, since LED units turn on instantly with no warm-up, there is no need to leave them on when they are not in use, which further increases their longevity.
4. Space savings: LED-curing equipment is often more compact than broad-spectrum equipment, so the size and cost of the overall light-curing system are reduced.
5. Environmentally friendly attributes: The “green” attributes of LEDs eliminate mercury and ozone safety risks, as well as handling costs. They also offer increased operator safety because LED units can provide specific wavelengths of energy relative to the needs of an application. In addition, since LEDs eliminate excess energy emissions, while also being able to turn on and off as needed, the environment in proximity of the LED is exposed to substantially less radiation compared to bulbs.
To learn more about led-curing and how it helps make manufacturing more efficient check out our white paper. Or contact our Application Engineering team to help you find the best equipment for your manufacturing needs.